Who We Are
What We Do
- We operate a well equipped centre for our members and others to upcycle, re-purpose, mend and alter their clothing and textiles
- We offer connection with like-minded people in a meaningful and purposeful way
- We run upcycling workshops, courses and events in our centre, in schools and the community in the Newcastle and Hunter area
- We promote the circular economy
- We sell products made from re-purposed jeans, T-shirts and other clothing and textile waste - Visit our SWEAT (Stop Wasting Everything And Transform) shop on site to find upcycled products made by our members and volunteers.
- We also sell materials for upcycling, including jeans ($2), T-shirts ($1), discarded fabrics and haberdashery items.
Become a member
Membership is $25 for 12 months, which allows you to use the equipment and facilities in our space for $3/hour and supports our work.
Upcycle Newcastle is a project of Transition Newcastle Inc.
Transition Newcastle is based on The Transition Network model, which is a global, grassroots phenomenon creating community responses that address climate change and environmental sustainability.
Instead of focusing on what we don’t want, the key to the Transition Network model is focusing on creating positive visions and projects to create a truly sustainable and resilient society – a society which satisfies the needs of the present generation without compromising the capacity of future generations, a resilient society that can function and develop despite any challenges to the system it relies upon.
ABN: 76 703 651 788
Transition Newcastle is a registered charity.